Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Ole Henriksen Ultimate Lift Eye Gel

Finished my jar of Belif Moisturizing and Firming Eye Cream two weeks ago. Since it's getting warming, I went with a lighter option for my daytime eye treatment: a 7mL/0.25fl. oz. jar of Ole Henriksen Ultimate Lift Eye Gel from the Ultimate Lift Wonders set. The set also includes another same size jar of Ultimate Lift Eye Cream and a 15mL/0.5fl. oz. pump bottle of Ultimate Lift Firming Serum.

A light eye gel for my daytime routine, sounds pretty straightforward, right? And yet this product confuses the hell out of me. The descriptions say "this cooling eye gel instant soothes and de-puffs with cucumber and red algae extract," and that "a propriety blend of bio-peptides and hyaluronic acid helps lift, firm and diminish the appearance of crow's feet and wrinkles overnight." The instructions say this eye gel is for evening use.

Why is this confusing? Because I don't know about you, but I don't get puffy eyes at night--I get them in the morning whenever I oversleep. So if there's a cooling eye gel that de-puffs, I'd definitely use it in the morning. So to me the descriptions seem to clash with itself and with the instructions. Also, if I were to use this eye gel in the morning, it won't diminish the appearance of crow's feet and wrinkles throughout the day? Either way, my dry combination skin on top of the super dry environment I live in means I need a heavy duty moisturizing eye treatment for nighttime, which this eye gel neither qualifies nor does it claim to.

So yeah, I pretty much ignored both the descriptions and the instructions and use this eye gel for daytime instead. And so far it's been working out pretty well and layers beautifully under my sunscreen. No complaints here.

This is a pretty thick gel that's surprisingly sticky until it fully absorbs. It also smells so much of cucumber it feels like I'd just put two slices of cucumber over my eyes, which is not necessarily a bad thing depends on whether you like cucumber. I don't mind cucumber, but my hubby really dislikes the smell ^.^ Either way, because the gel is so thick and sticky, I only need a little tiny bit for each use, which means this jar will probably last me through the summer, possibly right into the fall too.

I just looked on Ole Henriksen's website and saw that the eye gel is now called Uplifting Transformation Eye Gel. Either way I won't be buying the full size because by the time I'm done with this jar, I'll be ready to move on.

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts