Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Suqqu Creamy Glow Lipstick Moist Part III

Yasss, more Suqqu Creamy Glow Lipstick Moist ^.^ A few months ago, the two 2016 summer UK exclusives, EX-20 百橙 (Hyakudaidai) and EX-21 千華 (Senka), were suddenly available again on Selfridges UK website for a couple of weeks. So I nabbed them knowing they might be different than those in the permanent lineup.

All pictures taken in natural light without flash.

Sure enough, like EX-19 艳茜 (Tsuyaakane) Crimson Red both EX-20 and EX-21 are different than the usual Lipstick Moist formula. Actually, EX-20 has a different formula than EX-21 even, and they both are much more pigmented than the regular lineup.

- EX-20 百橙 (Hyakudaidai): a semi-opaque pumpkin orange with gold shimmers in a creamy formula and glossy finish. This color is pretty, but it's not something I can wear on a whim. For one it's very warm, perhaps too warm for me given my already-yellow undertone. Add in the opacity and I need a fully sunny day to be able to dab on a single layer. Any overcast and this color adds a few decades to my face. Also, all the dense shimmers means the lipstick feels a tad gritty, though nothing intolerable.

Here are some super warm oranges I own: Lipstick Queen Jungle Queen, Clinique Butter Shine Lipstick 409 Ambrosia, and this EX-20 百橙 (Hyakudaidai). EX-20 is so warm and orange both LQ and Clinique appear red next to it!

Here's a slightly different combination: Korres Mango Butter Lipstick 52 Orange Red, Clinique Butter Shine Lipstick 409 Ambrosia, and EX-20 百橙 (Hyakudaidai). Here Korres appears slightly coral to Clinique's red to EX-20 orange.

- EX-21 千華 (Senka): a semi-translucent and shimmer-free raspberry with a balmier formula than EX-20 above and a similar glossy finish. I love this color and I think it's much, much more wearable than EX-20. So happy I picked this up.

Wondering why I'm comparing EX-19 艳茜 (Tsuyaakane) Crimson Red and EX-21 千華 (Senka)? They look totally different in the tube but not so different when swatched. EX-19 is brighter and redder, but they're both cool and more pink than red.

EX-20 百橙 (Hyakudaidai) and EX-21 千華 (Senka).


See my previous posts:

2 comments:

Citrine said...

I like senka! Hyaku daidai isn't bad but I don't get why would grown up brand go for chunky shimmer (then again the UK exclusive has a whole different aesthetics...)

D. said...

Hey Mina,

I really like Senka! And actually, the Lipstick Moist regular lineup has a couple of shimmery colors too. I'm hoping to get a hold of one for research ^.^"

Cheers,
D.

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts